Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Yeah... so hi!

I really suck at this blogging thing. I just don't have the time, it seems... oh well, I think I need to just settle down and do it. It could be good for me. So with that said, I had an interesting experience this weekend:

PC3 had a dinner/meeting for the production and worship teams last Friday. The purpose of this meeting was to provide us with the changes that will take place when we move into our new building and to cast vision about our purpose as a ministry and a church. It was a great night. Paschal, Duane and Tim did a phenomenal job with both the practical aspects and the vision casting. The food was unbelievable and hanging out with friends is never dull.

One thing struck me though.

We had a small time of worship and communion during the meeting. As production and band volunteers, you don't often get the chance to participate in the act of communion because you are facilitating it for the congregation. We had the opportunity to actually experience it Friday as a community, which was great. As this was happening, Duane and Olivia led us in worship. I was praying and soaking it all in when something struck me. I opened my eyes and realized no one was really singing... A few people here and there, but largely everyone was silent and still. At first I was put off by this... Why weren't these people singing to their Creator? Why weren't they telling Him how great He was? Then I realized something; this was the first time we didn't have to do anything during a service. So often we have to facilitate the environment or lead the music, that we don't get to just take it all in. Not that we aren't worshipping, but tat we aren't still. So we sat there, being sung over, trying to grasp the reality of the words and the gravity of the Sacrament.

I looked around and thanked God for my family, because that what every person in that room is, family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will go ahead and say it... Amen and Amen.

BTW, I like the new look!

Anonymous said...

it was a great night bro to be able to just sit back and sit still with God for those 10 minutes or so. we need to find that time more often

Dave said...

Rich - Thanks for the compliment. i am going to try to write more frequently, if I can.

Paschal - I agree whole-heartedly. We have to always be reminded why we do what we do.